Today: 20 May 2026
Nestle stock in focus after Singapore expands infant formula recall ahead of Monday trade
18 January 2026
1 min read

Nestle stock in focus after Singapore expands infant formula recall ahead of Monday trade

Zurich, Jan 18, 2026, 22:03 CET — Market closed

  • A Singapore regulator has ordered recalls for two more infant formula products, including one from Nestlé, amid worries about toxins.
  • Nestlé shares dropped 1.7% on Friday, lingering near their 52-week low.

Nestle (NESN.S) faces fresh pressure this week after Singapore expanded its recall of infant formula products, pointing to the presence of a cereulide toxin.

Investors are grappling with tough timing. The recall saga has gone global, prompting markets to assess each new affected region as a test of whether the fallout will remain contained or escalate further.

All this unfolds right before Nestlé’s key earnings release next month, when investors will zero in on volumes, brand health, and potential financial hits tied to wider product recalls.

Singapore’s Food Agency said Saturday it detected cereulide toxin in two more infant formula products and ordered a recall as investigations go on. The affected items include Nestle NAN HA1 SupremePro 800g and a Dumex formula. The agency noted one reported case where someone consumed the contaminated product, experienced mild symptoms, and has since recovered. Cereulide toxin, produced by certain Bacillus cereus bacteria, can cause nausea and vomiting, the agency said.

Nestlé’s Singapore arm said it has “precautionarily stopped sale” of another batch of infant formula, coordinating with the Singapore Food Agency. Customers holding the affected batch code should contact its consumer services line for an exchange or refund. Nestlé

Nestlé shares closed Friday at 75.24 Swiss francs, down 1.67%. The stock fluctuated between 75.24 and 76.22 francs during the session. Over the past 52 weeks, its price has ranged from 69.90 to 91.72 francs.

Swiss blue chips edged lower, pushing the SMI down 0.47%.

Nestlé is scrambling to manage reputational fallout. CEO Philipp Navratil issued an apology this week for the “worry and disruption” triggered by the recall, emphasizing that no illnesses linked to the affected batches have been reported. Barclays analysts flagged the episode as potentially “pretty damaging,” especially in China, where Nestlé commands a significant share of the infant formula market. Reuters

Monday’s session opens with eyes on possible regulatory actions in Asia and anticipation over whether Nestlé will clarify the extent of problems affecting its supply chain and product lineup.

The downside is obvious: with more countries banning products and consumer complaints mounting, the company will face steeper costs and a prolonged fight to win back trust in a market where parents abandon brands fast—and seldom come back.

Nestlé is set to release its full-year 2025 results on Feb. 19, the next major milestone. Investors will be watching closely for updates on the recall, especially its size and early effects on volumes and margins.

Stock Market Today

  • LuxExperience B.V Q3 Loss Challenges Durable Profitability Narrative
    May 19, 2026, 11:01 PM EDT. LuxExperience B.V (NYSE:LUXE) reported Q3 2026 revenue of €618.5 million but posted a basic EPS loss of €0.22, wider than last year's loss of €0.06. Despite a five-year average EPS growth of 79.1%, net income swung from a €603.7 million profit in Q4 2025 to losses in recent quarters, highlighting volatility. The trailing twelve-month EPS stands at €3.46 on revenue of €2.4 billion. Shares trade at a low 1.7x price-to-earnings ratio versus 13x peers, reflecting market caution amid expected earnings decline of 78.1% annually over three years. Investors are wary of non-cash factors inflating reported profitability, questioning the sustainability of margins and cash generation. The Q3 loss challenges bullish views on consistent earnings resilience and long-term profitability for LuxExperience.

Latest articles

Wall Street Hit by Yield Jolt With Nvidia Up Next

Wall Street Hit by Yield Jolt With Nvidia Up Next

20 May 2026
U.S. stock ETFs remained lower late Tuesday after Wall Street’s main indexes fell for a third straight session, pressured by rising Treasury yields and caution ahead of Nvidia’s earnings. The SPDR S&P 500 ETF dropped 0.7% to $733.73. The 10-year Treasury yield hit 4.687%, its highest since January 2025, before easing. Nvidia shares slipped 0.7% after hours, with traders bracing for a major move post-earnings.
Viavi Stock Drops After $500 Million Share Sale Plan — The Debt Move Investors Can’t Ignore

Viavi Stock Drops After $500 Million Share Sale Plan — The Debt Move Investors Can’t Ignore

20 May 2026
Viavi Solutions shares dropped 7.1% in after-hours trading Tuesday after the company announced a $500 million public stock offering aimed at repaying debt. The offering, unveiled just after the Nasdaq close, could add roughly 10.1 million new shares. Viavi plans to use proceeds to pay down a $450 million loan. Total debt would fall to $650 million, according to a preliminary SEC filing.
Analog Devices Shares Rally After $1.5B AI Power Deal Ahead of Earnings

Analog Devices Shares Rally After $1.5B AI Power Deal Ahead of Earnings

20 May 2026
Analog Devices agreed to acquire Empower Semiconductor for $1.5 billion in cash, sending ADI shares up 1.36% to $419.95 in after-hours trading after closing down 1.02%. The deal, approved by both boards, is expected to close in the second half of 2026 pending regulatory review. Empower CEO Tim Phillips will continue to lead integrated voltage regulator work after the merger.
Hermes stock: why RMS.PA slid on Friday and what investors watch next week
Previous Story

Hermes stock: why RMS.PA slid on Friday and what investors watch next week

Asda job cuts: 150 roles at risk as depot shake-up and Evri move follow Christmas slump
Next Story

Asda job cuts: 150 roles at risk as depot shake-up and Evri move follow Christmas slump

Go toTop