Today: 22 May 2026
Take-Two Gains Premarket After GTA VI Date Eases Top Concern
22 May 2026
2 mins read

Take-Two Gains Premarket After GTA VI Date Eases Top Concern

NEW YORK, May 22, 2026, 05:05 (EDT)

Take-Two Interactive Software shares moved before Friday’s Nasdaq session, as the company stuck with its planned Nov. 19 release for Grand Theft Auto VI. That steadied some nerves after Take-Two’s yearly outlook came in below analyst estimates. Take-Two shares finished Thursday at $238.08, according to the company’s investor page, then gained roughly 7% after hours on the numbers.

GTA launch timing means more to Take-Two than Q1 numbers. The company wants investors to focus on fiscal 2027, not the soft guidance for the first quarter, expecting the new Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto release to lift sales, cash flow and profit.

U.S. markets were still closed as of publication. Nasdaq’s regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET, with a normal schedule Friday. Markets in the U.S. will be closed Monday for Memorial Day.

Take-Two posted net bookings of $1.58 billion for its fiscal fourth quarter, topping its own outlook. Full-year 2026 net bookings came in at $6.72 billion. Net bookings, which covers both physical and digital sales along with in-game spending and fees, were flat year over year in the quarter. GAAP revenue climbed to $1.68 billion. The company’s net loss narrowed to $59.5 million, or 32 cents per share, down from $3.73 billion last year.

Take-Two cut its outlook. The company guided fiscal 2027 bookings at $8.0 billion to $8.2 billion, which falls short of the $9.10 billion analyst consensus from LSEG, Reuters said. For the first quarter, the company is calling for bookings in a range of $1.32 billion to $1.37 billion, missing the $1.51 billion estimate.

Strauss Zelnick, the chief executive, kept calling this year an inflection point. In prepared comments, he said, “Fiscal 2027 is poised to be a breakout year” and Rockstar will start marketing GTA VI this summer. In the company release, Zelnick said fiscal 2027 should “establish new record levels of operating performance.” Take-Two Interactive

Wedbush Securities analyst Alicia Reese said the GTA VI launch date “was the primary focus heading into the print” and pointed to Rockstar’s record of delays. That’s likely behind the after-hours move. Investors seemed more focused on launch timing risk than the bookings range, which came in below consensus. Reuters

Take-Two Interactive’s quarter had strength from older titles. Execs said Grand Theft Auto V is up to almost 230 million copies sold since 2013. Red Dead Redemption 2 has moved past 85 million units, and NBA 2K26 has cleared 10 million units.

Take-Two Interactive said recurrent consumer spending climbed 7% in the quarter, making up 82% of net bookings. Chief Financial Officer Lainie Goldstein said fourth-quarter results topped forecasts due to stronger-than-expected demand for the Grand Theft Auto series, some mobile games and Red Dead Redemption.

The competition is tight, but the lines are pretty set. Electronic Arts is still Take-Two’s main U.S. game publisher peer. Microsoft, after buying Activision Blizzard, now owns Call of Duty and other major titles under its bigger tech umbrella. Reuters reported that GTA VI should still make an impact because of the size of the franchise and Rockstar’s history.

U.S. stocks posted small gains Thursday, with moves mostly tied to individual names. The S&P 500 added 0.2% and the Nasdaq Composite edged up 0.1%, according to the Associated Press.

The trade is tricky. Any more delays, a soft launch, or slower growth in mobile spending could put that guidance at risk. Take-Two pointed to risks including launch timing, demand, its dependence on Grand Theft Auto and NBA 2K, player-acquisition costs for mobile, and pricing.

Take-Two’s next event is set for May 27, with Zelnick appearing at TD Cowen’s Technology, Media & Telecom conference. Investors want updates on GTA VI marketing, pre-orders, and if Take-Two will hold the November launch.

Stock Market Today

  • MTAR Technologies Shares Surge to New High on Rs 467 Crore Order Win
    May 22, 2026, 7:44 AM EDT. MTAR Technologies shares soared to an all-time high after securing a fresh Rs 467.30 crore order from an international client. The stock rallied 22% over three days, peaking at Rs 8,449.50 before settling at Rs 7,997. This order extends a regular business relationship, with half expected by March 20, 2027, and the remainder by June 20, 2027. The announcement follows a recent Rs 2,279 crore contract win. MTAR projects 80% revenue growth for fiscal 2027, revising its earlier forecast of 50%, and aims to close FY27 with an order book of Rs 5,000 crore. The firm reported a 222.6% rise in quarterly net profit to Rs 44.2 crore and a 67.2% increase in revenue to Rs 306 crore. Shares have surged over 237% in 2026 and nearly 386% in a year.

Latest articles

How Ally’s Gen Z Banking Push Turned Branches Into the Punchline

How Ally’s Gen Z Banking Push Turned Branches Into the Punchline

22 May 2026
Ally Financial launched a new “Life Today” campaign mocking traditional bank branches and targeting Gen Z and millennials with a branchless model. The rollout began May 14 across TV, billboards, and social media. Ally reported 74,000 net new deposit customers last quarter, with millennials and younger customers as the largest segment. The bank also added digital executive Tracey Weber to its board this month.
Guzman y Gomez shares rise after U.S. move, focus returns to Australia

Guzman y Gomez shares rise after U.S. move, focus returns to Australia

22 May 2026
Guzman y Gomez will close all Chicago restaurants and exit the U.S. immediately after poor sales, expecting a one-off FY26 loss of US$30–40 million and cash costs capped at US$15 million. Shares jumped up to 20% on Friday as investors welcomed the move. The company raised its Australia segment EBITDA guidance to A$85 million. GYG said the exit will not affect its FY26 dividend or buyback program.
Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs as Zuckerberg Pushes AI Ambitions

Meta Cuts 8,000 Jobs as Zuckerberg Pushes AI Ambitions

22 May 2026
Meta Platforms CEO Mark Zuckerberg told staff he does not expect more company-wide layoffs this year after cutting about 8,000 jobs and shifting thousands to AI roles, affecting roughly 10% of the workforce. Meta raised its 2026 capital spending forecast to $125–$145 billion. Some employees questioned the reassurance, noting the wording left room for smaller cuts. U.S. laid-off workers will receive at least 16 weeks’ pay and extended healthcare.
Oil Back Over $105 as Traders Skeptical on Hormuz Peace Hopes
Previous Story

Oil Back Over $105 as Traders Skeptical on Hormuz Peace Hopes

Quantum Stocks Rally on $2 Billion Washington Move; QBTS, RGTI, INFQ Surge
Next Story

Quantum Stocks Rally on $2 Billion Washington Move; QBTS, RGTI, INFQ Surge

Go toTop