Today: 22 May 2026
Take-Two Gains Premarket After GTA VI Date Eases Top Concern
22 May 2026
2 mins read

Take-Two Gains Premarket After GTA VI Date Eases Top Concern

NEW YORK, May 22, 2026, 05:05 (EDT)

Take-Two Interactive Software shares moved before Friday’s Nasdaq session, as the company stuck with its planned Nov. 19 release for Grand Theft Auto VI. That steadied some nerves after Take-Two’s yearly outlook came in below analyst estimates. Take-Two shares finished Thursday at $238.08, according to the company’s investor page, then gained roughly 7% after hours on the numbers.

GTA launch timing means more to Take-Two than Q1 numbers. The company wants investors to focus on fiscal 2027, not the soft guidance for the first quarter, expecting the new Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto release to lift sales, cash flow and profit.

U.S. markets were still closed as of publication. Nasdaq’s regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET, with a normal schedule Friday. Markets in the U.S. will be closed Monday for Memorial Day.

Take-Two posted net bookings of $1.58 billion for its fiscal fourth quarter, topping its own outlook. Full-year 2026 net bookings came in at $6.72 billion. Net bookings, which covers both physical and digital sales along with in-game spending and fees, were flat year over year in the quarter. GAAP revenue climbed to $1.68 billion. The company’s net loss narrowed to $59.5 million, or 32 cents per share, down from $3.73 billion last year.

Take-Two cut its outlook. The company guided fiscal 2027 bookings at $8.0 billion to $8.2 billion, which falls short of the $9.10 billion analyst consensus from LSEG, Reuters said. For the first quarter, the company is calling for bookings in a range of $1.32 billion to $1.37 billion, missing the $1.51 billion estimate.

Strauss Zelnick, the chief executive, kept calling this year an inflection point. In prepared comments, he said, “Fiscal 2027 is poised to be a breakout year” and Rockstar will start marketing GTA VI this summer. In the company release, Zelnick said fiscal 2027 should “establish new record levels of operating performance.” Take-Two Interactive

Wedbush Securities analyst Alicia Reese said the GTA VI launch date “was the primary focus heading into the print” and pointed to Rockstar’s record of delays. That’s likely behind the after-hours move. Investors seemed more focused on launch timing risk than the bookings range, which came in below consensus. Reuters

Take-Two Interactive’s quarter had strength from older titles. Execs said Grand Theft Auto V is up to almost 230 million copies sold since 2013. Red Dead Redemption 2 has moved past 85 million units, and NBA 2K26 has cleared 10 million units.

Take-Two Interactive said recurrent consumer spending climbed 7% in the quarter, making up 82% of net bookings. Chief Financial Officer Lainie Goldstein said fourth-quarter results topped forecasts due to stronger-than-expected demand for the Grand Theft Auto series, some mobile games and Red Dead Redemption.

The competition is tight, but the lines are pretty set. Electronic Arts is still Take-Two’s main U.S. game publisher peer. Microsoft, after buying Activision Blizzard, now owns Call of Duty and other major titles under its bigger tech umbrella. Reuters reported that GTA VI should still make an impact because of the size of the franchise and Rockstar’s history.

U.S. stocks posted small gains Thursday, with moves mostly tied to individual names. The S&P 500 added 0.2% and the Nasdaq Composite edged up 0.1%, according to the Associated Press.

The trade is tricky. Any more delays, a soft launch, or slower growth in mobile spending could put that guidance at risk. Take-Two pointed to risks including launch timing, demand, its dependence on Grand Theft Auto and NBA 2K, player-acquisition costs for mobile, and pricing.

Take-Two’s next event is set for May 27, with Zelnick appearing at TD Cowen’s Technology, Media & Telecom conference. Investors want updates on GTA VI marketing, pre-orders, and if Take-Two will hold the November launch.

Stock Market Today

  • U.S. Stock Futures Rise on S&P 500, Dow; Investors Cautious Amid US-Iran Talks
    May 22, 2026, 7:04 AM EDT. U.S. stock futures climbed on Friday with the Dow Jones, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 all posting gains. Investor enthusiasm remained capped due to uncertainty around U.S.-Iran peace talks, as Iran's Supreme Leader instructed to keep enriched uranium stocks within country, hardening Tehran's stance on key U.S. demands. Oil prices rose on concerns of supply disruption through the Strait of Hormuz, while the U.S. dollar held near a six-week high. Treasury yields showed the 10-year note at 4.57% and the two-year at 4.09%. The market expects a 97.2% chance the Federal Reserve will keep rates steady in June. Key premarket movers included Ross Stores, Zoom Communications, Take-Two Interactive, and Estee Lauder Companies, all rising after strong earnings or strategic announcements.

Latest articles

Stock Market Holiday Schedule: Memorial Day 2026

Stock Market Holiday Schedule: Memorial Day 2026

22 May 2026
The New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq will close Monday, May 25, for Memorial Day. The bond market will follow a 2 p.m. ET recommended close on Friday before shutting Monday. U.S. stocks ended Thursday higher, with the S&P 500 at 7,445.72. Investors await inflation data and key tech earnings next week.
Workday Inc. Sets May 21 Earnings Date: Why Its AI Bet Faces a Crucial Test

Workday Jumps Early After Earnings Turn Up the AI Trade

22 May 2026
Workday shares jumped nearly 10% in pre-market trading Friday after the company beat first-quarter profit and revenue estimates. The stock traded at $134.01 at 6:00 a.m. ET, up $12.16 from Thursday’s close. Workday reported revenue of $2.542 billion, up 13.5% year over year, and raised its full-year adjusted operating-margin forecast to 30.5%.
GlobalFoundries Stock Jumps on $375 Million Quantum Deal as U.S. Takes Stake in GFS

GlobalFoundries Stock Jumps on $375 Million Quantum Deal as U.S. Takes Stake in GFS

22 May 2026
GlobalFoundries shares jumped 15% to $81.35 Thursday after the Commerce Department announced a planned $375 million award and a 1% government stake in the chipmaker. Trading volume topped 11 million shares, triple the prior day. The company launched a new quantum hardware unit as part of a $2 billion federal package for nine firms. The Commerce deal remains a letter of intent, not a finalized payment.
Oil Back Over $105 as Traders Skeptical on Hormuz Peace Hopes
Previous Story

Oil Back Over $105 as Traders Skeptical on Hormuz Peace Hopes

Quantum Stocks Rally on $2 Billion Washington Move; QBTS, RGTI, INFQ Surge
Next Story

Quantum Stocks Rally on $2 Billion Washington Move; QBTS, RGTI, INFQ Surge

Go toTop